PHILADELPHIA, PA., March 7, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — PolicyPak Software, a provider of Application Configuration Management (ACM) solutions for Windows desktops, today introduced its new Java Rules Manager. The new solution, part of the PolicyPak On-Prem Suite and PolicyPak Cloud Suite, configures websites to use specific versions of Java and also blocks Java websites entirely.
Customers can deploy PolicyPak Java Rules Manager policies to machines on-prem or deliver policies to remote machines via the cloud. Java Rules Manager makes creating a Java Deployment Rule Set easier and more flexible. Java Rules Manager enables and secures the following scenarios:
• Admins can dictate older versions of Java to work with specific websites, but
• Ensure that newest and most secure versions of Java work with all other sites.
Additionally, it was recently announced that JAR files signed with the MD5 hashing algorithm will be treated as if they were unsigned. This means these Java applets won’t run by default. By using PolicyPak Java Rules Manager, Java Deployment Rule Sets can be created to specify that these applications will run, without issue and in a secure way.
PolicyPak helps organization quickly deliver application and user desktop settings, enforce those settings by locking them down and removing the ability of the end-user to change it. Furthermore, the platform continually remediates application settings and delivers real-time compliance reports.
Once application security settings are defined, PolicyPak Suite of products work with an organization’s existing network architecture to push those settings onto a users’ machines. PolicyPak works alongside Group Policy, SCCM, Windows Intune, Airwatch, MobileIron and others.
Features of PolicyPak Java Rules Manager include:
• Quickly create and deploy Java Deployment Rule Sets using the Group Policy editor
• Map specific internal and external websites with Java applets to a specific version of Java
• Use the most secure version of Java for all other websites
• Specify which operating system utilizes which versions of Java (per website)
• Map specific websites to Java applets, per operating system (or other criteria)
• Deploy PolicyPak Java Rules using your own delivery or management tool like Group Policy, SCCM, Altiris, Windows Intune, Airwatch or MobileIron.
For more information on Java Rules Manager with demonstration videos visit: https://www.policypak.com/products/policypak-java-rules-manager.html
About PolicyPak Software
PolicyPak Software is a provider of Application Configuration Management (ACM) software for Windows endpoints. The PolicyPak software suite enables IT professionals to deliver, lockdown and remediate settings for desktops, laptops, VDI sessions, company devices, as well as BYOD. Settings can be controlled either via on-prem systems like Group Policy or SCCM or using cloud systems such as PolicyPak Cloud, Windows Intune, Airwatch or Mobileiron for computers over the Internet. PolicyPak Group Policy Compliance Reporter enables real-time reporting on the status of Group Policy settings across the entire network.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Kim Pegnato PR for PolicyPak email@example.com