New platform capabilities will enable Communication Service Providers to monetize 5G investments at scale, introducing new services and business models quickly and easily
Amsterdam – December 4 2019 – BearingPoint today announced that Infonova Digital Business Platform from BearingPoint//Beyond is now 5G-ready, enabling Communication Service Providers (CSPs) around the world to create, experiment, launch and monetize new 5G offerings at speed and at scale. The Infonova platform has already been selected by major CSPs, including NTT Group and Tata Communications.
As 5G rolls out across the globe, new opportunities emerge for CSPs and their partners to develop new business models, use cases and applications that make use of 5G’s high-speed, low latency and always-on mobile connectivity. However research has demonstrated that, in order to succeed in the multi-trillion dollar enterprise services market, CSPs must adopt leaner, more agile operations that prioritize experimentation, collaboration, innovation, and rapid time to market.
To monetize 5G at scale, CSPs must ensure that their operational and business support systems can meet four main requirements:
- Orchestration and delivery of complex solutions spanning both different types of networks (e.g:4G, Fiber,5G) and different sources of services (e.g. edge, AR, VR)
- Flexibility in charging and monetization capabilities enabling CSPs to bundle and price anything from network slicing and consumer IoT, to industrial IoT solutions
- The development of partner ecosystems enabling CSPs to truly co-invent and co-create joint solutions with multiple third parties that better fit customer needs
- Increased operational agility and speed with cloud native solutions
The 5G-ready Infonova Digital Business Platform has been designed to deliver precisely these capabilities, enabling CSPs to:
- Reduce risk by rapidly experimenting, launching and monetizing new offerings and scale with success, due to its SaaS delivery model
- Achieve fast and simple integration with their business and operational landscape by using a comprehensive library of Open APIs and a flexible microservices and containerized architecture delivered in cloud native environments
- Offer advanced charging and billing capabilities ready to support any pricing model, including network slicing offerings
- Bundle anything with connectivity – especially important for consumer IoT, OTT services and enterprise solutions (e.g. Industrial IoT, Autonomous driving) – as a result of its flexible catalogue
- Access comprehensive order management and service fulfillment functionalities, managing the challenge and complexity of dynamic 5G service activation, diversity of devices and network functions
- Support multiple business partners on a single platform, allowing CSPs to easily and dynamically exchange offerings, orchestrate and monetize B2B2X, B2B, IoT marketplace, B2C and wholesale 5G use cases with an ecosystem of partners
“If CSPs are to capitalize on 5G opportunities – especially those presented by the multi-trillion-dollar enterprise services market – they need to start embracing digital business platforms. These platforms enable them to create new B2B2x business models with partner ecosystems, packaging 5G connectivity with devices, applications, IoT capabilities and AI into entirely new products and services,” said Angus Ward, CEO of BearingPoint//Beyond. “Our Infonova Digital Business Platform helps CSPs do just that.
By using our platform, CSPs can roll out new, complex, partner-driven offerings quickly and reach new lucrative vertical sectors and customers.”
“IDC believes that multi-partner relationships are a growing domain in the digital world and will need platforms such as BearingPoint//Beyond’s digital business platform to orchestrate and monetize them effectively,” commented Mark Thomason, Research Director, IDC Digital Business Models and Monetization.
For more information on how BearingPoint//Beyond can help you monetize 5G, please click here: https://www.bearingpointbeyond.com/en/industries/telecommunications/5g-opportunities/.